An Independent Statutory Body is looking to recruit an Administrative Assistant on either a 6 or 9 month fixed term contract. The successful candidate will be providing administrative and clerical support to the Head of Department and the Paralegal team.
- Answering telephone enquiries regarding cases and general enquiries
- Drafting letters to be reviewed by the Head of Department and Paralegals
- Preparing and printing Investigation Committee bundles
- Providing support to Investigation Committee members and Legal Advisor's during meetings
- Ensuring the maintenance of records, including filing and archiving, and other management information systems are up to date
- Prepare and set up meeting rooms before Investigation Committee meetings
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Previous experience working in an administrative position
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, in order to liaise with a wide range of contacts
- Initiative and willingness to contribute wherever possible to team development
- Ability to work creatively and solve problems within a clearly defined procedural framework
- Good IT skills, including word processing, and video conferencing software
- A knowledge of law and/casework is strongly desired
- Ability to travel within London
For more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Briony from Excel Recruitment today.