An independent public scrutiny body is looking for a Digitisation Assistant to help undertake the digitisation of historic material relating to a specific investigation.
- To undertake digitisation of archive material to correct standards, ensuring the safety of the records
- To quality assure all scanned records through a range of systems, including databases and spreadsheets utilised by the body
- To ensure the integrity of the historic archive material pertaining to the case is maintained
- To ensure at all times that information contained within records and collections is managed lawfully under Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts, including safeguarding all information to prohibit unlawful release
- To assist with general clerical duties, including maintaining audit trails
- Work with appropriate internal colleagues within the investigations directorate in order to maintain effective working relationships
- Any other relevant duties appropriate as may be required
Essential skills, qualification and experience:
- Experience of handling and working with archive material and document production
- Experience of digitisation of archival material
- Experience of quality assurance
- Understanding of archive cataloguing standards and principles, including ISAD(G)
- Ability to retrieve information from sources accurately
- Experience of working with information within a Data Protection and Freedom of Information environment
- Experience of working with discretion, confidentiality and sensitivity
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, standards and procedures in relation to collections management
- Experience of researching the HOLMES 2 database would be beneficial
Salary and benefits:
- c£11 per hour + holiday pay
- Temporary contract until 31/03/2019
- Opportunity to work for a prominent public body
For more information and to apply for this vacancy please email your CV to the contact details below.
A consultant will contact you within 5 days if you are successful with your application.
Excel Recruitment Ltd. Employment Agency / Business. ISO9001:2008 accredited.