A professional membership body is looking to recruit a resourceful and self-motivated Event Manager to assume responsibility for line-management of the team that leads the delivery of their professional functions.
Key responsibilities of the Event Manager:
- Oversee the delivery of the organisation’s events programme in liaison with other senior staff members, setting and achieving practicable deadlines and objectives.
- Motivate and line-manage the Events team, ensuring that work is allocated evenly and providing additional events support and direction where required.
- Manage regular appraisals with team members to set clear objectives.
- Manage own portfolio of events and conferences.
- Produce accurate financial reports regarding the events programme, collaborating with other senior staff on the team’s annual budget.
- Plan and create marketing materials for each event, including website and email copy.
- Collect and formulate feedback in order to fully develop and improve future events.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Proven experience in events working within a membership, charity or education environment.
- Event budget management experience.
- Experience of line-managing a team of staff members.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and workloads.
- Excellent IT skills and strong knowledge of utilising social media and marketing.
Salary and information:
- c£36,500-c£39,000 per annum.
- Full time, permanent position.
- 31 days’ annual leave.
- Flexi-time scheme.
If you are interested in this opportunity, available immediately and believe that you meet the above criteria, please send your CV to Marcus today.