This public body is looking to recruit an Operations Project Manager to lead and assist with projects related to the operational work of the organisation. There are three positions available for this role, based across any of the following offices: Birmingham, Cardiff, Croydon, Holborn, Sale or Wakefield.
- Define and plan priorities for change in line with the strategic objectives of the organisation.
- Liaise with the Business Manager to assist in the development of project business cases.
- Ensure dependencies between work packages are understood and catered for, and deliver work package reporting of risks, issues and progress.
- Lead small projects, and assist on larger scale projects with planning, costing, delivery and evaluation.
- Define and prioritise business requirement proposals.
- Plan, test and implement changes to IT systems.
- Prepare project reports and updates for the Management Boards.
- Liaise with colleagues across a range of departments within the organisation, as well as external stakeholders on a regular basis.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- PRINCE2 Practitioner status and public sector experience is highly desirable.
- Proven experience of planning and delivering small projects.
- Experience collating and analysing data.
- Excellent IT skills, including Excel, MS Project and Visio.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex data in an accessible format.
- Highly organised with the ability to work independently in a busy team environment.
Salary and benefits:
- c£28,000 pro rata
- Full time, fixed term contract until the end of March 2018, with the possibility for extension or to be made permanent
- 27.5 days’ paid annual leave pro rata
For more information and to apply for this vacancy please email your CV to the contact details below.
A consultant will contact you within 5 days if you are successful with your application.
Excel Recruitment Ltd. Employment Agency / Business. ISO9001:2008 accredited.