This prestigious healthcare-related membership body is recruiting a Policy Manager to identify and examine policy developments, both within the UK and internationally, and lead on the design of effective, evidence-based strategies to influence these changes in conjunction with stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities for the Policy Manager:
- Develop and deliver individual programmes of work to encourage positive change on behalf of the healthcare community through targeted policy influencing.
- Create and nurture strategic relationships with UK-based and international policy experts, building the network of external contacts through which to ensure support and achieve change.
- Support the development of a team of policy experts, line-managing members, setting objectives and contributing to their professional development.
- Contribute to the effective monitoring of progress achieved by policy initiatives.
- Manage designated policy-related project budgets, in conjunction with other senior staff.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Educated to degree standard, or equivalent level of experience.
- Demonstrable experience and success working within policy development, ideally with impact within the health and social care sector.
- Hands-on knowledge of programme design and management.
- Understanding of/familiarity with quality standards, frameworks for policy change and HR processes.
- Proven ability to deliver complex, collaborative work with external agencies and stakeholders, and outstanding influencing skills.
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary and Details:
- c£62,000 per annum.
- Permanent, full time position.
- Based in central London, with homeworking provision of up to 2 days/week.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV to Marcus today.
A consultant will contact you within 5 days if you are successful with your application.