This Professional Membership Body are recruiting a Public Affairs and Board Coordinator on a Fixed Term Contract basis to provide operational leadership including line management and organisational responsibility for public affairs and committees.
Key responsibilities of the Professional Affairs Manager:
- Manage the work of the board, day to day board business, the process for election of board members and lead on projects generated from the board.
- Liaise with the Communications team, manage the board’s website and develop strategies to increase the organisations impact.
- Act as lead secretary to a variety of committees and offer guidance to the secretaries of these committees including approving agendas and papers, finalise and approve minutes and initiate follow up actions.
- Line manage two members of staff, provide direction for team members and conduct appraisals to ensure objectives are met.
- Form excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- An understanding of line management responsibilities, and the ability to put them into practice.
- Some project management experience, particularly in complex areas.
- Committee experience and understanding of the competing demands of committee members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills through a multitude of channels.
- The ability to understand and simplify complex information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to form good working relationships with colleagues of differing levels of seniority.
If this role is of interest and you have the required skills and experience, please send your CV to Marcus today.