We are looking for an experienced Business Accountant to join a prestigious membership body on a 1-year fixed-term basis. The postholder will be the key business partner to their specified directorate, providing expert support on financial matters to senior managers, streamlining organisational capabilities against strategic objectives, and leading the provision of monthly management reports and quarterly forecasting processes.
- Oversee the work of the assistant business accountants, line-managing them to ensure their consistent engagement with business projects and their ongoing professional development.
- Deliver monthly management reports, alongside any required on an ad hoc basis.
- Provide commercial advice and finance metrics to assess proposed business cases in the best interests of the organisation.
- Ensure a more central role for the use of metrics across the organisation to inform delivery against strategic objectives.
- Evolve and further embed benchmarking to aid performance assessment.
- Improve the current management accounts process, including by developing more efficient reporting mechanisms organisation-wide.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, and CCAB-qualified.
- Background in delivering against, and shaping, financial strategy.
- Demonstrable experience working within a complex organisation and corresponding excellent communication skills.
- Excellent Excel skills and highly analytical.
- Strong technical knowledge of reporting on behalf of a charity and of implications for VAT.
Salary and Benefits:
- c£61,000 per annum.
- 1-year FTC.
- Homebased initially.
To be considered for this role, please send your CV to Marcus today.