This prestigious independent government body is seeking a Senior Information Specialist to assist both in leading the organisation's responses to Freedom of Information requests and in ensuring organisation-wide compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Information Specialist:
- Take the lead role in coordinating responses to requests made under the Freedom of Information Act, providing advice to internal stakeholders on any issues arising.
- Act as the first point of contact for internal stakeholders regarding Data Protection queries to ensure that the organisation complies with its legal obligations under the Act.
- Identify best practice and develop Freedom of Information training for staff members across the organisation.
- Maintain a record of requests for access to information and outcomes
Skills and experience:
- Experience of playing a lead role in administering Freedom of Information requests on behalf of an organisation.
- Excellent knowledge of the Freedom of Information and Data Protection Acts.
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Very strong problem solving and communication skills.
Salary and benefits:
- c£37,000 per annum.
- Permanent and full time
To be considered for this interesting role please send your latest CV to the details below.
If your application is successful you will be contacted by a consultant within 5 working days.