A prestigious healthcare organisation is looking for a Senior Press Officer as temporary cover to support the delivery of a comprehensive media strategy. This placement requires a commitment of at least 6 weeks.
- Support the development and executive of a proactive media strategy to help achieve strategic objectives
- Respond quickly and efficiently to issues and crises regarding the organisation by promoting and defending its reputation through media and other means
- Monitor and respond to health news developments and spot opportunities to proactively get the organisation in the news
- Place op-eds and blogs for the senior members of staff, promoting key messages to external stakeholders
- Provide media training and support to internal staff and media spokespeople
- Maintain and build relationships with key journalists, helping ensure maximum coverage
- Assist with drafting content for social media platforms, and contribute to the delivery of the social media strategy
- When necessary lead communications campaigns under the supervision of the Head of Media, and coordinate the work of colleagues in Communications and other departments
- Utilise all opportunities available to encourage member recruitment and promote the benefits of joining the organisation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of UK media and news agenda
- Knowledge and understanding of current political environment and key issues in nursing, health and social care issues
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience in media and/or public relations, ideally in a national organisation
- Experience of developing and implementing successful media/PR campaigns
- Social media experience as part of wider communications strategy
- Experience drafting media plans, press releases and web news stories
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to proactively build and maintain strong relationships
- Experience of crisis communications and responding to issues
Salary and Benefits:
- C£20 per hour
- Full time, temporary position (approximately 6 weeks)
For more information and to apply for this vacancy please email your CV to the contact details below.
A consultant will contact you within 5 days if you are successful with your application.
Excel Recruitment Ltd. Employment Agency / Business.