A professional membership body is looking for a resourceful and dynamic Senior Public Affairs Coordinator to plan and deliver high-profile campaigns and public affairs activity to create and strategically develop support for the organisation.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Public Affairs Coordinator:
- Plan and execute campaigns to maximise promotion of the organisation’s work, securing support from, and influencing, key decision-makers.
- Liase with, and work in conjunction with, colleagues in communications and press teams to ensure consistency of messaging across all online channels.
- Collaborate with other senior staff to recognise opportunities to foreground the organisation’s policy positions.
- Advocate on behalf of the organisation, acting as representative to external contacts at meetings and other networking opportunities.
- Report on public affairs developments, advising senior staff on political insight and intelligence.
- Identify opportunities to promote the work of the organisation within the UK Parliament, making use of the best openings to influence policy-makers at the highest level.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of, and insight into, the UK’s parliamentary and political processes and environment.
- Previous experience of utilising own networks across all main UK political parties to achieve influence on behalf of high-profile organisations.
- Nuanced and in-depth understanding of the UK healthcare system.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present complex issues accessibly.
- Sophisticated interpersonal and influencing skills.
Salary and contract:
- c£39,500 per annum
- Full time, permanent position
For more information and to apply for this vacancy please email your CV to the contact details below.
A consultant will contact you within 5 days if you are successful with your application.
Excel Recruitment Ltd. Employment Agency