We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the Development team of this prestigious membership body, with responsibility for the full end-to-end implementation and integration of organisation-wide software solutions, as well as for the development and maintenance of the institution’s websites and intranet.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer:
- Evaluate business-critical requirements for the institution and address findings with solutions, whether designing and implementing new web/business systems or acquiring 3rd party products.
- Utilise various programming languages to design, code, test, and debug business and web applications, continuously reviewing their effectiveness from a business standpoint.
- Review and maintain the organisation’s CRM systems, integrating new solutions where necessary.
- Oversee the work of members of the Development team as required.
- Manage projects involving design by external contractors.
- Ensure the integrity of the system and its data, leading on the design and maintenance of a comprehensive disaster recovery plan.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to degree level in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Applied understanding of Object Orientated design principles.
- Demonstrable experience within a similar role, working within full lifecycle software development and writing effective code as part of a development team.
- Previous experience developing web applications in the .NET Framework, using C#.NET.
- writing effective code
- Knowledge of the use of Agile methodologies, including Scrum.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
Salary and details:
- c£40,500 per annum.
- Permanent, full time position.
To find out more about this opportunity, please contact Marcus at Excel Recruitment today. Please note that due to the large number of applications we received we are not able to respond to all candidates. If your application is successful a consultant will be in touch within 5 working days.